But I only teach one subject, and most lesson plan books/templates have spaces for multiple subjects. While they cover multiple subjects, they often don't have the detail that my school requires. When administrators observe in my classroom, they are looking for certain key elements in our lessons. They want to see a clear learning goal and an assessment of that learning goal - everyday. We should also list the state standard that our learning goal correlates to, and make sure that all of our activities are aligned to the learning goal. Our school does not, however, have a specific lesson plan format. That leaves it up to us to create our own lesson plan forms.
I decided to put my lesson plans into a Google sheet which I could share with my grade level/subject cohort and administrators. This makes collaboration easier and allows administrators to know what to expect before visiting my classroom.
I type my lessons into the form, but I also print a hard copy to keep in a binder on my desk. The bottom row, entitled "Reflections," is for me to make notes which will influence my future lessons.
Feel free to leave a comment below. What are the essential elements that you need to include in your lesson plans? Do you design your own template or have you found one that works for you?



No comments:
Post a Comment